Every machinery in the world requires maintenance. Without proper maintenance, it will fail to operate in optimal condition. Without having a technical skillset, we can only do preventive maintenance rather than advanced ones.
Just like any other machine, printers also require preventive maintenance. If you want the best results out of your device, you have to keep an eye on its routine checkup. Also, we can say that changing the ink of a printer is a part of routine maintenance.
After reading this article, you will learn how to change ink in Canon Printer. However, the ink changing procedure remains almost the same with every brand of printer.
How to change ink in Canon Printer?
If you find out that your Canon printer is out of ink, you should immediately replace or refill it. Because it will only give the best result if it has enough amount of ink. The ink changing procedure of a canon printer is not very much difficult.
However, if you do not know anything about it, we have brought a simple solution for you. Furthermore, you will also see some precautions regarding the changing of ink in a printer.
Things You Should Know Before Starting
There are always some precautions you should take before starting anything. Similarly, there are also some things you should know before changing the ink. Below, you will find some of the most important ones.
- Never go for a used ink cartridge. Always use a new one.
- If you remove the ink cartridge, immediately replace it with another one.
- Always use an ink cartridge within the date of use. Try using it according to the mentioned date.
- Never leave a new ink cartridge in the open air after removing the packaging.
Step by Step Procedure of Installing New Ink in Canon Printer
To make it easier to understand, we have broken the whole process into steps. Follow all the given steps carefully and you are good to go.
- First, you have to open the access door of your printer. Always remember to open it very carefully and make sure that you are opening it with the help of the support brace which is located on the right side of the cover.
- After you have opened the door, now take out the new ink cartridge from its container and remove the protective tape from the new cartridge that you want to install.
- After that, push the new ink cartridge into the empty slot until the contact of metal faces inside the slot is made, and then release the cartridge.
- You can check whether the cartridge is installed properly or not by looking at the lights. If they are turned on then it is installed properly.
- After installing the cartridge, close the access door and wait until the indicator lights become solid.
Now, you have successfully changed the ink in your Canon printer. You can even take a trial print from it.
How to Refill an Empty Ink Cartridge of Canon printer
Previously, you have learned how to change ink in a Canon printer or install a new ink cartridge. But there is another method which is a little bit cheaper than the former. Below, you will find the steps of how to put ink in an empty cartridge of a Canon printer.
- First of all, ensure that your printer is turned off. To avoid any kind of mishap, plug it out from the electricity source.
- After that, open the front cover of your printer and take out the stack of papers, if there are any.
- Inside the paper output cover, look for the empty ink cartridge.
- Once you have found the empty cartridge, push it a little bit inward to take it out.
- Now, fill the ink in the empty ink cartridge with the help of the applicable mode. Always make sure that you are using the original ink produced by Canon.
- Lastly, close the access door, and connect your printer to a power source.
You have successfully refilled an empty ink cartridge of your Canon printer.
We have reviewed: 8 Best Printers For Watercolor Paper
How to Replace the Existing Ink Cartridge in Canon Printer
Sometimes you do not want to refill your ink cartridge because its life has ended. So, there is only one option left, you have to replace it with a new one.
What you will do if you don’t know how to replace the ink in a Canon printer?
Follow the given steps to learn how to replace the ink in a printer.
- Open the access door of your canon printer.
- Push down the older cartridge a little bit inward and take it out.
- Remove the protective film from the brand new ink cartridge.
- Put the new cartridge in its place from where you took out the older one.
- Now, close the access door and wait until the light becomes solid.
- Now take a test print from it to make sure that you have done it accurately.
In this guide on how to change ink in Canon Printer, you have not only learned to change the ink, but also, you have learned how to put ink in empty ink cartridges and how to replace the older cartridge with a new one.
Furthermore, you have learned what are the precautions you should take when changing the ink. Some of them are, that never put an ink cartridge in the open air after removing the protective tape. Also, never go for an old ink cartridge, always use a new one only manufactured by Canon.
We strongly hope that after reading this guide, you have successfully learned how to change ink in a canon printer.