Imagine you are working peacefully in your office. Suddenly, your table phone rings and it’s your boss on the call.
Your boss asks you to urgently print some A3-sized papers because the dedicated staff for printing is not present.
Now, you are heading towards your HP printer to print the A3-sized papers.
As you reach the printer, you realize that you do not know how to change paper size on HP Printer. There are only A4-sized papers present in the printer.
The clock is ticking and the time is running. You need to urgently change the paper size on your printer.
What will you do?
Of course, you will try to find the solution on the internet!
So for the people like you, we have brought a whole guide on changing the paper size on an HP Printer.
In this guide, you will find the precautions for changing the paper size, how to change the size within your PC, and lastly, how to change the paper size on your HP printer.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started.
Steps Before Changing Paper Size on HP Printer
Before heading toward changing the paper size, you need to check some factors. Below, we have listed 4 short steps that will save you from any disaster and save your time as well.
Step 1: The Paper Drawer
The first step is to ensure that the paper trays of your printer can accommodate the paper size you want to print.
Most of the drawers in an HP Printer can accommodate the papers having a size of 8 ½ by 11 inches. However, checking your printer before starting is an important step.
Step 2: The Locking Mechanism
Once you have pulled out the paper drawer, you will see a locking mechanism located at the downside of the tray.
If you look closely, you will see that there are two lock signs on it. One is the closed lock and the other is the opened lock.
Now, you need to flip the lever so that it is towards the unlocked position. Then, unload the tray.
Step 3: Guides of The Tray
Now, you need to identify which size paper you want to print. Once identified, slide the guides of the tray according to that size
Your HP Printer must have the markings for some common paper sizes. For example, Letter, Legal, A4, etc.
Now, ensure that the tray guides are placed in the right place. After that, flip the lever back to lock the tray.
Read Also: How to change printer settings on mac?
Step 4: Select the Paper Size in Your PC
Finally, go to your computer screen and find the file you want to print. Go to the “File” menu and click on “Print” within the drop-down menu. Go to “Properties” and select the wanted paper size. Also, ensure to select the right tray, only if the wanted paper size is in only one tray.
How to Change the Printing Paper Size in Your PC?
Once you are done with the pre-steps, now it’s time to change the size within your PC.
Below, you will find some easy steps that will make you learn how to change paper size within your Computer.
- First of all, open the file you wish to print.
- Then, click on the “File” option. And then, click on the “Print” option.
- Once you are in the “Print” window, you will have Preferences, Properties, or Print Properties options. Click on anyone that you see according to your operating system.
- Then, look for the “Paper” or “Quality” tab and click on it. Then, click on “Custom”.
- Now type the name of your custom paper size. After that, select the width and height of your custom paper size and click on “Save”.
- At last, with your new custom paper size, select the size and head towards printing.
How to Change Paper Size on HP Printer?
If you want to change the paper size in your printer settings then, follow these steps.
- Start with turning your printer ON.
- Now go to settings. And there, click on “Printers”
- There, you will see all the printers that are connected to your computer. Right-click on your wanted printer and go to Properties.
- In the properties window, go to the Paper Tab. now, select your preferred paper size.
- Finally, click OK, and instantly close the Printer window. Now open it again and use your preferred paper size on HP Printer.
How to Resize Paper Before Printing?
If you are a perfectionist and you want to get the right results in one time, then you will have to change the paper size before heading towards the printing.
If you want to learn how to change the paper size before printing the documents, follow the given steps carefully.
- First of all, click on the Design tab in your HP Printer.
- In the page setup tab, click on the Size option.
- Then, click on the right printer paper size that you want to print.
- Finally, you have chosen the desired paper size. And from now on, you will print all the documents in the same size until you change the size again.
Check Also: 9 best printers for vinyl stickers
We hope that after getting through this guide, you have successfully learned how to change paper size on HP Printer.
We have discussed three different ways of changing the size of your paper.
You can choose any one of them according to your choice and equipment.
Now you can easily get the A3-sized papers printed and there will be nothing to worry about!