Printer settings on Mac are slightly different from the Windows operating system. Different operating systems offer different printer settings. Here we are going to discuss all the printer settings and how to change them on Mac.
In Mac, the setting is merged with the Scanner named Printer and scanner preferences. You can change the page size, sides, and other important settings here. If you are a new user and have switched from windows, these are similar settings as in the windows Printing control panel in Windows.
- Where do I find Printer Settings on a Mac?
- How To Add Printer Device To Mac
- Adding A USB Or WiFi Printer In Mac
- Adding Network Printer By Specific IP Address In Mac
- How To Set Paper Size and Paper Feed of Printer In Mac
Where do I find Printer Settings on a Mac?
Printer settings are in the “Preference Setting” in the below taskbar. You can access that with just a single click. Once it is open, go to the Printer and scanner. Now you can see the Printer settings on the Mac. But if you are using a new printer, you have to add it to the list. How? Let me show you these simple steps.
How To Add Printer Device To Mac
- Go to “Preference Setting”.
- Now go to the “Printer and Scanner” settings.
- There you can find all the settings related to the printer.
- To set the last used printer as default, open the list and select the printer as shown below.
- To add a new device click “Plus sign” and then select the device from the list.
- Now click the Add button and your Mac will automatically install the device to your computer.
There are different connections of the Printer that change the settings completely. You may have attached the printer through USB, WiFi, using a single printer, or using a single printer on a network. All these scenarios have their settings.
Adding A USB Or WiFi Printer In Mac
A USB printer is a printer that has a single USB cable to connect your PC or laptop. Most of the USB printers connect automatically and update their drivers. But in some cases, you have to manually add them. Such printers can be added using the below-described method.
- If the driver update is not started, go to the set preferences and add a device.
- Now click printer and scanner settings.
- After opening the settings, update the new printer. It will install automatically.
Note: Always connect your Mac to the internet to update the printer drivers successfully.
Adding Network Printer By Specific IP Address In Mac
If you are using a single printer with more than one computer or device. You have to access this printer through a particular IP address. All the computers and devices must be connected through this IP to command a printer to print. Yes, you can also use these settings for Mac too.
- First, always connect and update your printer drivers on the Mac.
If your Wi-Fi router is an AirPort Base Station:
- Go to your Utility folder in your Applications folder and open AirPort Utility.
- Choose your base station from AirPort Utility, and then enter its password, if prompted.
- Go to Base Station > Add WPS Printer in the menu bar.
- The type of WPS connection to allow should be either “First attempt” or “PIN”. Press Continue.
- If “First attempt” is selected, press the WPS button on the printer. Once the MAC address of the printer appears in AirPort Utility, click the Done button.
- Choosing a PIN will display the PIN on the printer’s documentation. Again click continue.
- When your printer appears in the list, click Done.
- Exit the AirPort Utility. Your Network printer is added
How To Set Paper Size and Paper Feed of Printer In Mac
In Mac, there is a slight difference in the settings of the Windows Operating System. It involves a few simple and quick steps.
Change Page Size:
- Open the document that you want to print.
- Now go to the File as you can see in the given image.
- There you can see the page size option. You can also customize a page size.
- Click the page size file and scroll down.
- Click on the “Customize page’ and add page dimensions.
- You can also change the default paper size you routinely use for printing.
Change Paper Feed Settings:
If you are using any other type of paper like a sticker, printable fabric, etc, you have to change the paper feeder settings of your printer for the best results. These settings may include the printer type, colors like CMYK and RGB, texture, etc. Here’s how you can do it using Mac printer settings.
- Go to the printing section of your file that you want to print or simply press the X key and P to open.
- Now select the default printer device.
- Click on the print feature from the file below the page option as shown.
- Now select the relative settings e.g fit to page, resolutions, color mode, etc.
- Press print to print your desired file.
How do I get to advanced printer settings on Mac?
First, you have to access the preference settings. Then you can access the printer settings or add a printer on Mac. There is a specific way to add a new printer. It also depends on through which channel you connect it.
How do I adjust printer settings on Mac?
You have to open the file that you want to print. Now click X+P or a simple scroll file to the print. Once you have opened the setting, click on the page settings to adjunct the page size. You can also adjust the printer preference from the left sidebar where all printers are listed.
Is it difficult to set up a printer on a Mac operating system?
No, it is not difficult but technical. You have to access different options to add your printer and install its drivers. You can run the printer on Mac without updated drivers.
Some users switch from Windows operating system to the Mac Operating system. And they do not know about the basic settings like printer and scanner settings. In this complete guide, we have discussed how you can set up a printer on a Mac device with simple steps. Also discussed are the details about the different paper and page settings.