Are you new to printing? Do you know the basics of connecting a printer with your laptop? Would you like to make it a hassle-free part of your work? So, dive in and know how to connect Brother printer to computer or laptop?
You are looking for solutions so you may be able to connect your computer to the printer? Here we have come up with a solution to reduce your worries. A few people know exactly how to tie a brother printer to a computer without any hesitation.
Brother is a top-notch brand for printers and uses high tech in its devices. The Brother printer provides remarkable features which you can use while printing almost anything. They are available in both wired and wireless support to fulfill your printing needs.
The connectivity of these printers is easy. But, if you are facing any inconvenience in connecting your Brother printer with your computer, you are at the right place. This article will find a modest way to connect your device with a Brother printer.
This article will guide you about connecting both wired and wireless Brother Printers. The instructions are simple and feasible for a better understanding.
Do you want to reset your Brother Printer? Here is a guide.
Here are the step-by-step instructions that will help you to understand the commands productively.
Problem Solved – Connect your Brother Printer to Computer
Smoother printing is possible if you have accurately connected the printer to your working device. For that sake, you can try these steps for easier, secure, and feasible connectivity.
You can follow the underneath guidelines to connect a wired laptop to the printer without wasting time.
- Click on this link to open the official website of Brother Printers.
- Enter your Printer Model and click on the Search.
- Select the appropriate driver of the printer according to your operating system (such as Windows, Mac, Linux or Mobile).
- Then, choose your language from the menu.
- Restart your computer. Connect one end of your USB cable to the port of your printer and connect the other end of your USB cable to the port of your computer.
- Turn on your computer and wait until your computer establishes the connection between your printer and computer/laptop.
Read Also: How To Change Toner in Brother Printer?
Once you establish a connection between your printer and computer, your work is done. That’s it; now you are good to go and print any document you want.
Some people do not want to use wired printers and enjoy direct access through Wi-Fi. It is not a difficult task. If you are one of the people who do not know how to do it, then here we will tell you about it in a few easy steps.
Just follow the steps to connect your Brother printer to Wi-Fi, and you are good to go.
How to connect Brother Printer to Wi-Fi?
Connecting your Brother printer to Wi-Fi is not a big deal. Brother printer also provides wireless printing features in which you can print any document without any wired connection.
To do this, you have to connect your computer or laptop to Brother Printer’s wireless connection.
If you want to know how you can do it, you have to follow a few instructions. These instructions are similar to the wired printer connection, and your Printer will be ready.
- Connect your laptop to the Wi-Fi. (If your laptop is already connected, then we are good to go)
- Download the printer driver from the brother-usa.com
- Click on the downloaded file to initiate the installation.
- Click on “Wireless Network Connection” and then click on “Next”
- (For Windows) Select “Brother Peer-to-Peer Network Printer”. And for Mac: (Move to Step 7)
- (For Windows) Select “Change the Firewall port settings to enable network connection and continue with the installation. (Recommended)”” and then click “Next”.
- Ready your USB cable and select “Yes, I have a USB cable to use for installation”. (If you do not have a USB cable, select “NO, I do not have a USB cable”. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software installation and move to step 13.)
- Select the SSID (Network Name) and then click “Next”.
- Shortly after ”Step 8” an installation confirmation screen will appear. Make sure the box is checked, and then click “Next”.
- Now make sure the SSID (Network Name) you have selected is correct; if you are sure, click “Yes”.
- Now, patiently follow the screen instruction to complete the software installation. Once it is complete, click on “Finish” to close the window.
- Watch your Printer’s Wi-Fi LED; if it is on, then your Printer is connected to your computer or laptop through Wi-Fi.
- Start the P-touch Editor to select the Printer from the list.
Now you have established a Wi-Fi connection between your Printer and your laptop. You are ready to use your Printer, and you can print any document you want.
Read Also: How to Fax from Brother Printer? Step-by-Step Guide
Some Extra Guidelines for Updating your Printer Drivers
Some people complain that their Printer is not working as it should. It happens because you are using the wrong printer driver for your Printer. There is nothing to worry about in this situation.
You can manually update your printer divers whenever you want. To do this, you might need an internet connection and a bit of knowledge of your computer. By following these few ways, you will be able to update your printer driver manually.
- Open “”Taskbar”” and search ”device manager” and then click on “”Device Manager””.
- Select the category to view the name of the devices and then right-click on the driver you want to update.
- Click on “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- Click on Update Driver
- If Windows cannot find a driver for you, you can visit the product manufacturer’s website and download the driver from there.
Read Also: How To Change Ink in Canon Printer?
All in all, these steps and tips might give you a solution for how to connect Brother Printer to computer? You can reread the tips in case of any ambiguity. Try them out and share your experience with us. Good luck!