Do you want to design envelopes for an event?
You have prepared the design. You have good quality paper envelopes, and of course, a printer but don’t know properly how to print envelopes on Brother MFC printer?
In this article, you will understand which envelopes are best for printing, tips, and tricks as to how you could maintain the quality of the print as well as prevent any potential damage to your printing device. Not only this, but we will also instruct you in a detailed step-by-step manner to print envelopes on a Brother MFC printer.
Let’s get started with some tips related to envelopes to be printed:
- Guidelines About the Envelope to be Printed
- Things To Ensure Before You Start Printing
- Step-By-Step Guide: How Could You Print an Envelope on Your Brother MFC Printer?
- 1. Open the Back Cover of Your Printer
- 2. Move the Green Levers Down
- 3. Open the Manual Feed Slot Cover
- 4. Move the Paper Guides
- 5. Adjust the Space Between the Manual Feed Guides
- 6. Place the Envelope In
- 7. Gently Push the Envelope
- 8. Open the Printer Window
- 9. Select the Brother Printing Device Model
- 10. Click ‘Print Properties’ or ‘Preferences’
- 11. Select ‘Page Size’ or ‘Paper Size’
- 12. Choose the Paper Orientation and Other Options
- 13. Click ‘OK’ and ‘Print.’
- 14. Close the Back and Front Covers of Your Printer
Guidelines About the Envelope to be Printed
What Should be the Weight and Size of the Envelope?
The envelope should have a weight of 80 to 95 grams per meter while it should have a length of 5.5 inches and a width of 3.5 inches.
What Are the Qualities of an Ideal Envelope?
The envelopes that you are planning to print should have:
- edges with straight well-creased folds,
- thickness not greater than two papers, and
- Be flat
Note: Buy from a seller who knows which envelopes are best for printing in laser printers.
Which Envelopes Could be Used on a Brother MFC Printer?
The envelopes which could be printed using a Brother MFC printer are:
- Monarch, and
Which Envelopes Must Not be Used on a Brother MFC Printer?
These envelopes must not be used as they would definitely impact the print quality as well as the health of your printer.
- Baggy envelopes
- Envelopes with raised writing or design on them
- Envelopes with clasps or staples
- Inside preprinted envelopes
- Self-adhesive envelopes with glue not on the flaps
- Envelopes with double flaps
Things To Ensure Before You Start Printing
- Do not put more than one envelope at a time because paper jamming could occur.
- Ensure that the envelope is placed straight.
- Ensure that the envelope is in the correct position.
Do a test print first because some printers require margin settings for your envelope.
Step-By-Step Guide: How Could You Print an Envelope on Your Brother MFC Printer?
This step-step-step guide could be used for printing on several Brother printer models. Here are the detailed steps to print envelopes on a Brother MFC Printer.
1. Open the Back Cover of Your Printer
Start by opening the back cover of your Brother MFC printer. You will see the internal mechanism of the machine with two green levers on the sides.
2. Move the Green Levers Down
Pull the levers downward and they will get locked.
3. Open the Manual Feed Slot Cover
Now, open the cover of the manual feed slot at the front of the printer by using the handle above it. You will see the paper guides.
4. Move the Paper Guides
Move the manual feed or paper guides towards each other using your hands.
5. Adjust the Space Between the Manual Feed Guides
Adjust the space between them according to the width of your envelope.
6. Place the Envelope In
Put the envelope in the manual feed slot.
7. Gently Push the Envelope
Push it gently until it makes contact with the printer’s roller.
8. Open the Printer Window
Press Control and P keys on your computer or manually open the print window.
9. Select the Brother Printing Device Model
Choose the Brother MFC printer model that you use as the printing device.
10. Click ‘Print Properties’ or ‘Preferences’
By clicking on ‘Print Properties’ or ‘Preferences,’ multiple options will appear.
11. Select ‘Page Size’ or ‘Paper Size’
Click on this option, and a drop-down menu will appear. Select the size of the envelope you want to print upon. The standard size is No.10.
12. Choose the Paper Orientation and Other Options
Choose ‘Portrait or ‘Landscape’ orientation. Alter other settings if you want to.
13. Click ‘OK’ and ‘Print.’
By clicking these options, the printer will start printing.
14. Close the Back and Front Covers of Your Printer
Once you have printed your envelopes, move the green levers to their original position. Also, close the back and front feed covers of your Brother MFC printer.
Printers are not just for printing documents, but rather for a host of other purposes. One of them is designing envelopes. People have been using envelopes since old times to secure their letters and documents. Time has changed, and with it, the method of drawing designs on envelopes. In this article, we came to know the qualities of envelopes that are most suited for printing, other tips and tricks, and the step-by-step instructions on how to print envelopes on Brother MFC printer.