A lot of printer users raise this question. When they face any circumstance where they need to reset their Epson printer to factory settings. By resetting a device to its factory settings all the options and applications that are running on the device will reset.
This action can save a lot of time that you might need to troubleshoot the problem and solve it. The following article is a brief description for those who were also finding a way to reset their Epson printer to factory settings.
You can reset an Epson printer by a few methods that are written below:
Reset Epson Printer By Control Panel
You can reset the Epson printer directly from itself.
- Open the control panel of the printer by pressing the home screen button.
- You can control the printer by pressing the left and right keys. This helps to navigate through the settings and setup menu. Then press the “OK” button.
- You can find the Restore Network Settings and navigate in the menu with the up and down navigation keys.
- Once you are done with the options, restart your printer.
The printer is successfully restored to the factory settings.
Here is the complete list of the best printers for your professional use.
Reset Epson Printer By Reset Button
Every Epson printer has a reset button on the back of its body that helps to restore the printer to the factory settings.
To reset the Epson printer to the factory settings follow the steps below;
- Before you start the procedure of resetting the printer to the factory settings, make sure to turn off the printer by using the power button
- Now press and hold the reset button on the back of the printer. You can use a pin or a needle to perform this action.
- Hold the reset button pressed for at least 5-6 seconds.
- Release the reset button after an interval of 5-6 seconds. You will see a warning box on your screen.
- Now you will see a new page displaying the default IP address of your printer.
- Now you can use that IP address to reconfigure the printer.
Your printer is successfully reset to the factory settings.
Epson Printer Adjustment Program
One can get their printer reset by using one of the above methods. But, there can be any situation where the reset buttons are not effective anymore. Or, when one can not apply these methods.
In that case, one can use this method and reset their printer easily. To reset your printer by using the Epson Printer Adjustment Program follow the steps below;
- You can find the latest version of the Epson Adjustment Program on the official Epson website and download it on your computer.
- Find the location of the program and execute it.
- In order to include all the useful options press the select button.
- Once you are directed to the select menu select the model number of your printer. Also, select the port to which your printer is connected to the computer.
- It will open the adjustment and maintenance window.
- Now, select the waste ink pad counter under the maintenance settings.
- Open the waste ink pad counter. Now, press the button at the bottom right to initialize the program.
- Now click on the Finish button to finalize the reset process.
- Make sure to restart the printer to start the effect of the changed settings.
This will reset your Epson printer successfully.
These are a few ways that can help you to reset your printer. If you have a wireless printer you might not be able to reset it by using the Epson adjustment program. But, one of the above three methods is going to be the one that is compatible with your printer.
You might have a wireless printer that is not connected to your computer through a wire or a port. In that case, you can find the reset button or with the help of the control panel.
Is it Time To Replace Epson Printer?
If the printer is still causing issues and makes it difficult to work and you think that the issue is beyond resetting. Maybe it is time to upgrade your printer. You can still contact the Epson adjustment center to help you fix your printer but it will cost as much as a new model.
Therefore, you should go to purchase a new one to help you be more consistent. Especially if you have a wide printing business to handle. Purchasing a new printer can be more effective.
Read Also: Best 3D Printers
Why Do You Need To Reset A Printer?
This is the most important thing before you go resetting your printer. A lot of users are unable to locate the exact problem and ask to reset their printers even when it is not the solution. For example, if you are facing a paper jam issue from your printer you don’t have to reset it. In that case, you just need to remove the tray and manually release the pages, and press Resume the job to continue printing.
You can also use the firmware fix reset program which is also helpful to reset a printer to factory settings. To use firmware reset you need to order it manually from the website or email to order that software.
Read Also: Top 7 Best Epson Printer For Heat Transfers
The Epson printer can be reset by using a few different methods that are effective on different models. You can also reset the button model to make it easy. You can reset by using the control panel and clicking the reset option.
Also, you can reset by pressing the reset button that is present on the back of the body of the printer. You just need to hold the button for a few seconds and restart your printer.
The third method to reset the printer is by the Epson adjustment program. By using this program, you can manually reset the printer by using the model number and the port that connects the printer with your computer.